Colon Cancer Screening Roundtable
225 3rd Avenue South
Since 2009, Minnesota Health Systems have made significant attempts to increase colon cancer screening rates. While some practices have made significant progress, many challenges remain. Join this roundtable discussion to help us identify 3-5 actions we could take to accelerate progress towards the State Cancer Plan goal of 80%.
Roundtable Meeting Objectives
1) We want to provide a “snapshot” of Minnesota’s past efforts, our current rates and our likely potential to increase colon cancer screening
2) We want to engage participants to identify 3-5 strategies to support Minnesota efforts to increase colon screening rates and/or decrease screening disparities.
Welcome and Background
- Brian Rank, MD, Medical Director, HealthPartners Medical Group
Colon Cancer Data
- Kenneth Adams, Minnesota Cancer Surveillance System
- Jim Chase, President, Minnesota Community Measurement
Is a state screening rate of 80% possible?
- John Allen, American Gastroenterology Association
Panel Discussion: Opportunities for acceleration
- Howard Epstein, MD, FHM, CHIE, Executive Vice President & Chief Medical Officer, PreferredOne Health Plans
- Lawrence Lee, MD, FACP, Medical Affairs, Provider Relations and Quality Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota
- George Morris, MD, Medical Director, Centracare Clinic
- Resa Jones, MPH, PhD, Associate Professor and Graduate Program Director Virginia Commonwealth University
Small Table Discussions
Group Selection of 3-5 strategies which can be acted upon in the next 12-15 months